Monday 1 November 2010

Leopard dress finished and worn

I have to say, I really like this pattern - it's super fast to cut and sew, and pretty flattering and easy to wear too. And with a change in fabric, it's easy to make it dressy or casual. I think I forgot to mention in the previous post that this is made out of the fabric we used to decorate the hall where we had our wedding party, so it was actually quite appropriate for a weekend being whisked away on a surprise trip by my husband! The yoke is made from the same linen-look fabric that was used for the swing jacket a couple of posts ago - so I actually have a matching jacket if I feel like being extra refined. I interlined the sash with silk organza to help stop it crumpling and narrowing when it's being worn, and that works quite well.

So here's some pictures of the finished dress, being admirably modelled by Wilma on the balcony:

I took it on holiday, and actually wore it both evenings (we flew EasyJet so only had hand luggage, so I had to pack light). I was very pleased with it "in action" so to speak - It doesn't crease, isn't hot despite it being synthetic, and is super comfortable (apologies for the appalling photos, I need to train my husband in taking clearer and more flattering ones...):

And the mystery trip? We went to Budapest! It was beautiful and I had a wonderful time (I compartmentalised the horrifying issues surrounding Agnes Gereb...) - we found everyone very friendly, the food was delicious, and everything was very good value (although that might be a reflection of living in Geneva). And I can now say yes, no, hello, goodbye, please and thank you in Hungarian!

No comments:

Post a Comment