Sunday 10 April 2011

My very own "fashion week"

So, I've just landed at Heathrow to spend a week in London. And I'm very much looking forward to it - because I will be spending the week at the London College of Fashion on a course to learn how to drape on the stand! Squee!

I did a course a few years ago on personalised pattern cutting (i.e. making a block to your own measurements - or your client's - ha!), and it was great fun and I learnt an awful lot, so I can't wait to get started on this one. It was meant to be running last week, but had to be moved, and in doing so the location was moved, which I'm exceedingly pleased about, as instead of trekking over to Old Street every day, I'll be in my old stomping ground of Hammersmith/Shepherd's Bush, handily located for curries on King Street, shopping at Westfield, and of course fabric shopping at Goldhawk Road. I think I may end up paying some excess baggage on the way home - I'd intended to bring as little as possible in order to bring back vast quantities of fabric, but ended up bringing far too many clothes - well a girl has to have choices if she's spening a week at a fashion college!

In other news, I've been doing A LOT of sewing lately in the run up to this week - in the last ten days or so, I've sewn two skirts (one of which is a jeans skirt), one top, and altered a dress. Which is more than I sewed the entire of 2010 I think. Vie been on a major mojo bender - I've also planted up innumerable plants on our balconies, including lots and lots of veggie seeds. Hopefully this continues! I think the sunny weather has helped :)

I don't think I'm going to be able to post photos whilst I'm over here, so expect a glut of photo heavy posts on my return...

No comments:

Post a Comment