Thursday 5 May 2011

Haute couture dresses at Yverdon

I went to this exhibition back in March with my mum. It's a collection of one (unnamed) lady's dresses from 1950-1990, and is at the Musée Suisse de la Mode based at the château at Yverdon-les-Bains (it's on for another month, until 12 June). And it's amazing. The beautiful thing is that the clothes are not behind glass or barriers, so you can walk right up to them and inspect all the details. And you are allowed to take photos - I took lots (I spent about 40 minutes taking pictures...). I'm astounded how tiny this lady must have been, and also how she must have kept her figure throughout her life - the later clothes are no larger. I'm intrigued to know who she was and where she wore these dresses. Onto the pretties...!

Whilst she was here, we also visited Montreux and Château de Chillon, and it was absolutely beautiful. It was the first time I'd been to Montreux (apart from passing through in a train), and we were really lucky with beautiful weather and no crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment