Wednesday 1 June 2011

Me-Made-June: Day 1

Right, let's get this started...

Dress: New Look 6748 / Cardie: H&M / Leggings: Uniqlo / Necklace: Accessorise (maybe?) / Belt (although you can't actually see it): Primark / Feet: bare as I'm in all day today

So here's the first outfit for the month! Woo! I had been planning on another outfit, but it's suddenly turned bloody freezing (12˚C today according to the thermometer on my balcony compared to 28˚C on Sunday), and I've realised I have a limited amount of warm clothes, so this is what the outfit ended up as. Although it's still not warm enough!

This is a dress I made about 3 years ago and has been folded up at the back of a shelf for the last year until I did my inventory a couple of days ago. I'm not super happy with it, although it's not as bad as I remember. I think many of the things I didn't like about it I now know how to fix, so I might do a few adjustments on this (not least shortening it by at least 2"), and remake this pattern in a better fabric (I ordered this over the internet and it wasn't quite what I was expecting, it's almost a sort of swimsuit feeling fabric. But I liked the print so I used it anyway :)

Oh, I was also experimenting with hairstyles - I haven't had my haircut, but currently have a mock-bob...

It's supposed to warm up again in the next couple of days, so I'm looking forward to wearing more summery stuff soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a first timer to a Me Made Challenge, as well! :) Absolutely love your hair color, and your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thank you! Good luck with the challenge - it's such fun seeing what everyone else is wearing isn't it? The hair colour is courtesy of Schwarzkopf (I've been dying it so long, I can't really remember what I looked like before...)

    ReplyDelete