Tuesday 28 June 2011

Me-Made-June round-up: Days 16-18

Day 16: This evening was my husband's work summer garden party, at the boss's super swanky house by the lake. Unfortunately it rained like a monsoon nearly all evening, so we were huddled in the marquee. I also forgot to take a photo of my outfit there (I blame the vast quantities of champagne consumed), so this picture is a reconstruction from the following day (minus the vast quantities of champagne). I'm really pleased with this dress, I love it so much!

Dress: Me-Made / Jacket: Me-Made / Belt: eBay / Shoes: M&S / Earrings: Accessorise

Day 17: The mini-challenge on the Flickr group was a photo with a loved one. Mine was a slightly lateral take on the theme - a photo with my sewing machine! I do truly love it and all the happiness it's brought me - it's a Brother PS53 that was a Christmas present from my mum about 7 years ago.

Dress: Me-Made

Day 18: Lunch in Manor before doing a food shop (never a good idea to do the food shop when you're hungry...). The blue top is my second attempt at this pattern, and I'm still not entirely happy with it - the pleats saved the gaping neckline, but means it pulls funny at that shoulder. I think part of the gaping problem was caused by the clear elastic sitting weirdly, I don't think I'll use that next time... The twin stitching at one of the sleeve hems has also gone a bit weird after a couple of washes, and I've noticed a couple of small holes by it too. Next time I sew with this rayon slub jersey (I have some in several colours) I'm definitely going to stabilise more, use a smaller size needle, and maybe even try a stretch needle, rather than just a jersey ballpoint one.

Jacket: Me-Made / Top: Me-Made / Vest top: H&M / Jeans: Uniqlo / Shoes: Office / Necklace: La Mollla by Tiziana Redavid

No comments:

Post a Comment