Tuesday 28 June 2011

Jersey offcut necklace (plus Me-Made June: Day 24)

I made this necklace a couple of months ago (with offcuts from this top), but haven't ever got round to blogging it. I also had managed to lose it in my sewing room the last few weeks, which gives you some idea how messy it was... (sort of tidied now, thanks to the incentive of people coming to stay!)

I like how jersey curls on its cut edges (well, except when I'm trying to cut it out), so I thought I'd make use of this quality in some jewellery, in order to use up offcuts from the top. The strips are cut crosswise (I think I chose that way simply because of the shape of my offcut), and I threaded each end onto a small bead. After checking the strands were all roughly the same length (very roughly as it turned out!), I twisted them together and stitched them onto some grosgrain. I think if I made something similar again, I would use more strands, beads with bigger holes, and twist them more, but I'm pretty happy with it as it is.

Day 24: And here it is in an outfit! The mini-challenge for the Flickr group this Friday was a photo with an animal, so I went the easy route with my two cats (I was hoping for something more interesting or tangential, but the opportunity didn't arise during the day). I know this photo is appalling, but it was taken at two thirty in the morning, and I may or may not have been a little tipsy.

Necklace: Me-Made / Dress & cardie: H&M / Leggings: Uniqlo / Sandals: Office

No comments:

Post a Comment