Thursday 2 June 2011

Me-Made-June: Day 2

Second day, and I'm out and about!

It's a bank holiday here in Suisse today, so my husband's off work. We wanted to get out of town, so popped along to Lausanne and met up with some friends for lunch. I like Lausanne, it always seems a bit more happening than Geneva (I think maybe because it has a fairly substantial student/academic population from EPFL). There's also a couple of fabric/haberdashery shops there that I want to check out at some point (couldn't today as everything is shut on bank holidays!). It's very good for getting fit too as it's insanely hilly. We walked down to Ouchy and had an ice cream by the lake, and had a meander through the Olympic park (as demonstrated by the photo above). Shame it wasn't a nicer day - it was really windy, and very grey (so you couldn't see the mountains the other side of the lake), but also quite muggy. I don't think I really needed my coat!

So, on to the outfit:

Skirt: me-made (self-drafted) / Top: Uniqlo / Cardie: Primark / Necklace: Accessorise / Tights: H&M / Shoes: Office / Bag: Ted Baker

I've got a lot of wear out of this skirt, and for one of the first things I've properly drafted for myself, I'm super pleased with it. I think I might have to do a refashion on the cardie though - I've realised how sad the ribbing is looking. It's a cheapy Primark purchase, so it's not surprising that it's sagging a bit. I really like the main fabric, so I might chop off the ribbing and replace it with something else. Hmm, I'll have a think.

No comments:

Post a Comment